Friday, April 10, 2009

Training notes, #1

New kits are in, and they look rad.

Spring break last year sucked. This year couldn't be any different. I've been lucky enough to (in the new kit) ride every day this week and train some serious weaknesses.

Two weeks ago I finally got a fit by Ken at Get a Grip and the new shoes are starting to make a noticeable difference in my power (sans powertap). While I've not done any top end speed work, my overall fitness is progressing faster than last year. In the first three races of this year, despite the overall pace, my results have been pretty good and I've finished strong. Even in the Super Crit 4/5 race I didn't finish well, but I put in a solid last lap effor albeit one I could't possibly maintain. The reason I'm happy is because I've done nothing that will "shorten" my season, like I did last year. The work I'm doing is solid base/sub/super/threshold work which is getting me to the line in good poition and I know that I will get faster when I start to traing that area.

I've already done 11 hrs this week, I hope to put in another 5 or 6. I'd don't think I've ever been able to do this much volume. It feels great. This week is a perfect platform to step up to the next level of intensity.

Next week, speed work. I'm hurting already.

Up! Up and away...

No comments: