Wednesday, May 19, 2010

KAWOR: NRAKAWOR

Not-really-a-kick-ass-weekend-of-racing.

So, listen people, its the 21st century. Some things have remained the same: cubs still suck, sox suck even worse. But it's a new day and men are now supposed to go to baby showers.

And that is what I did on Saturday. So, lads shoulder your responsibilities and quit laughing at me.

...they had good food, and good beer. And that one-thingy was really cute.

Fox River Grove
Race #44
DFL, but not DNF


Nothing like a tough course to humble even ones modest ambitions. My race was over before it started. I learned a lot. In particular, I learned that I have work to do.

I've never felt my lungs hurt like they did on Sunday. Actually, they hurt more than my legs.

I also should NOT have done that race in a 12-23 cassette; even though this was a "C" priority race it was still my first race as a cat 3 and I think could have put in a better showing-in particular by being able to spin a bit more and thus getting dropped with two or three laps to go rather than two or three into the race. But I don't have the legs for that kind of hill. Yet.

Lessons learned; next time.

No comments: