Sunday, May 11, 2008

...one week.

Good training last week. I did 60 min of threshold total, and some good tempo & SST rides in between. I felt pretty strong on the group ride yesterday. I hope to continue that build to Saturday for Monsters of the Midway. This week, I'm going to throw in some shorter efforts to round out the threshold work.

I also need to work on my sprinting form. I was causing my rear wheel to skip--dangerous. Now, I am attempting to lift my hips and keep my head low and torso level to maintain enough weight to keep traction and speed. Thing is, this position is bit uncomfortable because I have never worked my muscles in that position before. I will be slipping this form/posture training into the end of my workouts to learn how to generate the most power like that. Right now I feel like I am pushing the pedals forward, from 1-4 or 5pm on the clock, though I am not sure if that is actually true of if it just feels this way. Bottom line: it does not feel efficient, so it probably is not. I'll play with it a bit and work it out for next weekend.

I really want to come to form in late May/early June and again in July for the Chicago Crit. By "form" I mean a proper racing base training level, strength and body position and tactics based around race goals. My goals this year are simple: learn how to become a racer. I think I'm on my way there. Iowa was an invaluable lesson.

No comments: